Regrettably, with the winding down of JEECS, we are no longer able to enroll new members.
You can follow us on Twitter and join us on Facebook
To the left is a photo of the former Vine Court Synagogue. Vine Court amalgamated with nearby Fieldgate Street Synagogue in 1965.
Jeecs has been involved with:
- The restoration of the Minnie Lansbury clock on the Electric Building in Bow
- The erection of the plaque to Daniel Mendoza (the father of scientific boxing) at Queen Mary's College Mile End
- The rediscovery, restoration and erection of the New Road Synagogue foundation and Great Garden Street Synagogue plaques at Nelson Street Synagogue
- Innumerable play readings, book presentations, music evenings, and educational seminars on all aspects of life in the Jewish East End of London
- The Siege of Sidney Street 100th anniversary commemoration at the Museum of London Docklands
- Organisation of Holocaust Memorial day events in the East End